Crowns work to restore teeth by fitting over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and the contour of a natural tooth this way improving its appearance, shape or alignment.
This particular dental restoration entirely covers the visible side of a tooth fully restoring its look and function. This is an ideal solution for broken or decayed teeth.
Porcelain crowns are recommended in cases such as;
- When there isn’t enough tooth remaining due to a large filling.
- To protect a weak tooth from fracturing.
- To cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth.
- Use a tooth as an abutment to attach a bridge.
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
For cases like these, a crown is the most logical option, plus it is made not to be noticeable by matching it in size and color to other teeth.